Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter Weather

Ok it is the middle of January and we really haven't seen many snow but it has been very cold. Then last night week got ice which caused electricity to got out at 5am. It is really dark where we live and Joey was out of town so I got up and checked on everybody. Went back to bed to stay warm as with no electricity there was no heat. Kids finally started waking up about 7:30am. Lydia first tells me that the bathroom lights won't come on. I told her that is right as we have no electricity. Then Joey Jr. tells me the lights in his room won't come on - I explain again about the elctricity being out. Then I get the question - Why? I did start a fire in the fireplace which helped with the heat. Joshua the 5 year old then announces that he would like a HOT breakfast. We explain again we have no electricity!! I thought after the fact I could have told him I would be happy to but his poptarts on the grill!!

I had to call around about church being canceled since we didn't have any power there either since the preacher (my hubby) was out of town. Then the kids asked why aren't we going to church - my answer again we have no power!! We did finally get power later in the morning but we have spent the day in with a warm fire watching movies and playing the Wii. Tonight we are suppose to get some snow - I really hope we get enough to sled down the hill as the kids are out of school tomorrow and we would have a great time.

No comments: