I haven't talked about this on my blog but the video below really tugged at my heart after seeing it on a friend's blog today. My husband and I have 6 wonderful children that all have been gifts from God literally since they have all been adopted by us. Our 2 oldest Marlana and Melissa came to us when they were 11 and 12 years old and that was 10 years ago. They have brought such joy to us and have become beautiful young ladies. Marlana the oldest became engaged in December and will be getting married this coming December and leaving our home to start a new life. It is hard for a momma to let go of her children but in some ways it is even harder to let go now because she hasn't been with us that long and I feel like I haven't taught her everything she needs to know. Melissa is getting ready to head off to school in the spring to learn a trade and to become more independent. So I have 2 babies leaving home soon when it feels like I just got them. I can remember Marlana saying she was leaving for 18 years when we first got her - I told her she would be 30!! Well we decided a couple of years ago we were ready to adopt again and we wanted another sibling group - never in our minds did we think of getting 4 at one time. We actually were at our agencies office talking about international adoption (we had had 3 failed adoptions in 6 months) when our agency got a call about the sibling group of 4 - we were asked if we were interested - we took one look at each other and we will take them!! Well 6 hours later they were brought to our house with basicly a small box of clothes each and each had a toy. As soon as they walked in they started calling us mommy and daddy which they had never done to anyone else before. They were 3, 4, 5 and 6 at the time. It has taken 19 months of jumping through the hoops and red tape but the adoption of our 4 little ones will be final on Monday, February 9th. It is so wonderful for us to be turning onto a new road in our lives. Never in my life did I think I would be a mother to 6 beautiful children which God has trusted me with. My husband and I could not be making this journey in our lives without God helping us each day. Each child is their own person but because of their past they also come with special needs which have to be treated differently with each child. I gave up my job so that the kids have a 24/7 mommy who can be there no matter what and I have the greatest pay each day when I get 100 hugs and kisses and told "I love you Mommy!!"
2 comments:
I am crying tears of joy at this post! I love the video and I tell you, we are both so blessed!!! YOu have 6 beautiful children for sure! They are all beautiful!!! Love to all of you!
Congratulations on your finalization! We got our match and hope to get our little dude in April :-) 2009 will be a great year, no doubt.
Post a Comment