Ok I haven't post in the last several days but we hadn't gotten any news since the last post. As of the today the team is back in Uganda for a few days to debrief and get a little rest before the long flight home Friday and Saturday. I can't imagine the emotions the team must have after 7 days with all those children and then to leave them. Those of you who are close by please give Joey some time when he gets home.
On the home front we had a good weekend and everybody is well again. We had friends (another minister and his family) bring us dinner Saturday night and we enjoyed time together. They know the feelings we are having right now as Brandon went to the Sudan back in October and Karoline stayed home with the babies. So it was good to talk to someone who has been there. The week has started out pretty normal. Sarah has jammed a finger while doing flips on the trampoline so I have put a splint on it till it gets better. Today (Tuesday) Marlana and I had a day out because she is on spring break and not working today. We went shopping - found the girls bathing suits for the summer. Then Marlana and I went to lunch and then off to David's Bridal to look at wedding dresses. For those don't know Marlana and Jeremy are getting married November 28th. She tried on dresses and we have found the one. We both cried and she is so beautiful. I won't post a picture cause that will ruin the surprise!!! Ok after shopping for a wedding dress with my oldest child I went to register my youngest child Joshua for kindergarten!! Talk about an emotional day.
Tonight wonderful people brought us dinner plus they decided to go ahead and shop for the rest of the week. They made us a menu and brought all the supplies!!! So we have food to finish out the time till Joey gets home. We will have to save him a piece of the Homemade Strawberry cake - it is wonderful. Thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!
So pray for a quiet rest of the week here and pray for safe travels home for the team.
Blessings,
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment