This week we are Lake Junaluska, NC for our Annual Conference (for those who are not Methodist it is our annual meeting of our conference of the United Methodist Church). We rented a house as it was cheaper then a hotel for 7 of us. Marlana had to stay home for school and work. We have great worship services and today was the final day of conference - we had a children's choir from the Sudan here singing today and they were great!! Joey and I both could bring them all home. Our conference has taken the Southern Sudan as a mission project over the next several years. We have already had several groups go and will have several more. Joey has been asked to go so we will be praying about this.
Tomorrow and Friday we will be taking some R&R since conference is over. We are taking the kids to the Biltmore tomorrow and then on Friday plan to take a train ride.
Something funny this week is the kids have found it very interesting to be sleeping on a sofa bed!! They never knew that a bed could be in the sofa. Now they will check every sofa they see!!
Once we get home Saturday I will post some pictures from the week but right now I am having to use dial-up!!
If you click on the slide show it will take you to my photo albums where I started uploading to last year when we got the little ones. More later!! Blessings to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment