The judge with the kids!!
I can't believe this day final arrived today!!! It has been a long road and we wondered how long we would be on it. Today marked the end of that road and the start of a new one. The feelings i had as the judge asked us with we would treat them as if they were our biological children and telling us that we have all the rights and responsiblities to them as if they are our biological children. I have listened to then call us mommy and daddy for the last 19 months and today as I left the courthouse I knew that they are forever and legally mine. I also thought back to 10 years ago when we adopted Marlana and Melissa. After court this morning we came back to the house and celebrated with a cake from our agency - yes MY kids had cake before lunch!!! Then after everyone left we decided that it was time for some fun so we headed to Chuckk E Cheese for lunch. And you know what on a Monday at lunch time there was nobody there!!! We had a couple of hours of fun and pizza. Pictures were taken through out the day to remember this day by. I just finished tucking MY children into bed for the night. I know tomorrow will back to the normal routine but I think I will hug them all a little longer tomorrow then today. I know we will have lots of new adventures over the next 14 years but today was a great mild stone in the Manis history!!!
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!
We are so very happy for yall!!!
Hugs and Love!
Cheryl, thanks for posting the pics and the blog. I loved it! I have to tell you that I was relieved when I heard that it was final. What a blessing in so many ways!
Post a Comment