Wednesday, November 19, 2008

39th Birthday

Ok - today is my 39th Birthday. There weren't any bells and whistles but a good day - first joey let me sleep in and then he cooked me breakfast once the kids were off to school. I had a relaxing morning around the house - then my oldest daughter, Marlana, took me out to lunch. Then we did a little shopping - actually bought myself a dress.
My parents came over in the evening - my mom made me a key lime cake for my birthday so we all had a piece. Kids were pretty good so that was a present in itself. Joey got me a new Nintendo DS game which is puzzles plus it has ocean sounds with it, he also got me some flowers.
My mom asked me a question "would I now be forever 39?" I said no because i look back over the years and see all the wonderful things in my life and even though I have some gray hair now growing older hasn't bothered me. I have some wonderful blessing to be thankful for in my life - a wonderful husband who treats me like gold, 6 beautiful children who God decided we needed even if it was by the old fashine way, wonderful loving parents and a wonderful Savior Jesus Christ in my life. The Lord only knows what the next year holds but I am along for the ride!!!

1 comment:

David and Donna said...

Happy B-day. Glad you had a good day.